GroveStreams
ctmorrison private msg quote post Address this user
I'm finally getting around to using time filters. This will be a very valuable feature when I want certain rules to apply during normal business hours at one/more of our sites.

What I'd like to be able to do is select multiple time slots and then apply the "include" or "exclude" to all at once. Since I need to work in 30 minute increments due to the needs at one particular site, this means I'd have to currently select 95 cells and apply "Include" to each of them individually. Whew!

It would be convenient (and seems to be a convention) would be to be able to click and then shift-click to select a range of cells and/or command-click to select/deselect cells from the existing selected set. I could then click on "Include" or "Exclude" to apply the desired characteristic.

I hope this makes sense!
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
The time filter editor used to support multi-cell selection, but our 3rd party web toolkit dropped grid multi-cell selection a few months ago.

We'll need to think of a work around, because it does suck to double-click on so many cells.

Also, you can apply a larger interval time filter to streams with smaller intervals.

For example, you might be recording 1 minute samples, but you only want to filter out certain hours. Create "60 minutes per Interval" time filter and apply it to your 1 minute stream. This would require less double-clicking.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ctmorrison private msg quote post Address this user
That's exactly what I was trying to do except using 30 minute filters on a 1 minute sampling. The office building is open from 7:30 to 5:00, hence the need for a 30 minute interval filter.

Please correct me if I'm being dense.
Post 3 IP   flag post
You're doing it right. We'll see if we can improve the time filter editor.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Multi cell selection within the Time Filter editor has been fixed:

Post 5 IP   flag post
2965 5 5