GroveStreams
seckford private msg quote post Address this user
I've been looking at adding a text header across the top of my dashboard, but the only approach I can find is to use an HTML-type widget. Such widgets apparently have a minimum height of 100 (at least, I can't shrink one any further) and I'd prefer something around 30 - roughly the height of a standard graph widget header block.

Is there any way to add such a header? The idea would be to update it in the same way as any other widget.

Thanks - C W Rose
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
Try this:
1) Open your dashboard and click Change Appearance
2) Choose the Dashboard Appearance pane on the left
3) Fill in the Title section
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks - that gives the effect I want, but is there any way of updating it programmatically? It needs some sort of reference ID as a handle.

C W Rose
Post 3 IP   flag post
You can update it via the Advanced API, but I don't think that is what you're asking for. I think you're asking for a way to inject a value into the HTML at display or refresh time. We don't have a way to do that today, but it's on the road map.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It looks as if the Advanced API should do what I want, if I could identify the object to be updated. Is it a question of searching component ids? There doesn't seem anything relevant under the Dashboard API.

Thanks for your help - C W Rose
Post 5 IP   flag post
You'll need the Dashboard UID which you can determine by hitting F12 in Chrome and watching the Network tab while opening the dashboard.

The Network tab will show you the API calls too to GET and POST the dashboard.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks - I'll give it shot.

C W Rose
Post 7 IP   flag post
2968 7 7