GroveStreams
ctmorrison private msg quote post Address this user
I've been seeing these recently, but I can't interpret the message well enough to know if it's something I'm doing that's causing a problem.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
GroveStreams will lock a component and all of its streams as a Feed PUT is processed which usually occurs in milliseconds.

Any other requests that arrive while a component is locked will wait up to 60 seconds for the component to be unlocked. If it is not unlocked, then the exception is raised which is what you are seeing in your log.

Why is your component being locked for over 60 seconds? This is very rare and can be the result of the "Unlock" never being performed during a Feed PUT. This could happen when network communications between two servers is disrupted for over a minute or the process handling the requests crashes. A lock will automatically be released after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ctmorrison private msg quote post Address this user
I do have more than 1 device pushing data to that component. However, on others, there's only one device pushing data once per minute.

If I correctly understand your response, there's nothing I need to do and can expect these to happen somewhat sporadically.

Thanks for the feedback!
Post 3 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
It can happen when there is only one device pushing to one component too. The earlier request may have internally failed on a GS server and the lock remained open. The following request will timeout after 60 seconds and a System notification will be logged in your organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmorrison
If I correctly understand your response, there's nothing I need to do and can expect these to happen somewhat sporadically.
- Nothing you can do on your end. It's a GroveStreams internal locking strategy design that is constantly being redesigned and improved as we grow and understand how our users, like your, are using the system.

Thanks for the post and let us know if you start seeing more of these than you would expect.
Post 4 IP   flag post
2968 4 4