GroveStreams

Active Event - how to auto de-activate?378

ero4444 private msg quote post Address this user
Active Event - how to auto de-activate?

I created another event notification by SMS recently (notify when power minimum >=420watts in every hour for the last 17hours, so I left a light or load turned on). It fired off correctly I think, and correctly renotified after 66 minutes or so. Then I realized I don't know how to automatically stop the notification.

When I logged in, I can see the active event in the ObservationStudio, and I assume that now that I have manually deleted the active event that I will not receive more notifications.

But how can I configure to automatically clear the event when the original problem is cleared (when power minimum <=390 watts for at least 2 minutes)?
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
When the Event expression returns "true", the event starts. When it returns "false", the event ends (or clears).

You can manually delete and active event instance, but when the next feed value arrives and the event expression is processed and returns "true", a new event instance will be created.

So to de-activate and active event, you can:
* Change your expression so that "false" is returned and then delete the active event
* Disable the Event and then delete the active event
Post 2 IP   flag post
2968 2 2