GroveStreams

Local timestamp (or age) of last sample466

ctmorrison private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using NetIO (smartphone app) to provide a means for users to see the last data point for various streams. We post data every minute. Unfortunately, I don't know if the data being shown is current or old data--which could happen if one of our devices goes offline. Users can be misled if they're seeing data, but don't know that it's "old".

Is there a way to get the (local) date & time stamp for the last data point being provided via the API call requesting the "last_value" data point? I only see the timestamp being returned in epoch milliseconds. Alternatively, is there a simple way to create a point stream that holds the date-time of the last point in a different stream? I could then request this value and display it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
We only return epoch millis. You're phone app programming language should have an api that allows you to convert/format it into your local time with the TimeZone of the user's phone.

Yes, create a derived point stream (value type DATE) and derived from the source stream and set the value to one of these:

SAMPLE_TIME: The time of the regular stream sample being calculated in epoch Milliseconds.
SAMPLE_SDTIME: The start date time of the interval stream interval being calculated in epoch Milliseconds.
SAMPLE_EDTIME: The end date time of the interval stream interval being calculated in epoch Milliseconds.

It will hold the epoch millis of the last sample time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
2965 2 2