GroveStreams

Create component from Template500

crevicedweller private msg quote post Address this user
I'm trying to create a component from a template using dtld in a PUT without success. The Template name is Memphis Grill.
Here is my PUT string:
PUT /api/feed?compId=0&compName=TEMP_GRILL&api_key=efd69c31-cd73-31a0-a5
18-b934c131ee5b&dtld=Memphis+Grill&FW+Version=FW+Version:+0.99&GrillID=Tells+Gri
ll HTTP/1.1

Host:

Connection:close

X-Forwarded-For:192.168.0.6
Post 1 IP   flag post
crevicedweller private msg quote post Address this user
OK, I changed it to dtId but still can't make it work.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
To create a component with all of its known streams at the same time when a component makes its first call, just set the compTmplId parameter.

If you want to create a new stream based on a template stream after a component has already been created use both of these parameters in the URL:
dtId
dsId

From https://www.grovestreams.com/developers/api.html :
These parameters are used to dynamically create streams for a component if they do not exist based on a component template stream. The stream definition will be based on a component template stream definition. These parameters are useful for times when the default new stream is not what is desired. For example, a caller may require new streams to be interval streams or streams with units already defined. These parameters can accomplish this.
dtId: The ID of the component template that contains the stream to be used as the template for the new stream.
dsId: The ID of the stream within the component template to be used as the template for the new stream.
Post 3 IP   flag post
2968 3 3