GroveStreams

Line graphs with infrequent data points150

JasonBSteele private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

My temperature sensor only reports when the temperature changes a whole degree C. This means that the graph on my dashboard has no recent data.

I would like the assumed current value to be that of the last data point (just as it is for the gauge).

I have tried experimenting with interval streams, both for the device and derived on a random stream for the device, but these also seem to need new values to show a recent value.

I appreciate that from a purist point of view showing a value when one is not known may not be correct but I wonder if an interval stream with a "gap fill" acting in advance of the next data point to arrive would meet this need?

This is a great service. I came across it in the the SmartThings forums. I work for a large enterprise in the UK which is starting to show an interest in IoT and I've been given the opportunity to do some R&D and PoCs.

Many thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
JasonBSteele private msg quote post Address this user
Thinking some more about this, ideally I wouldn't need an interval stream at all, the line would just be horizontal from the most recent data point. When the next data point comes in it would be redrawn to it, alternatively it could step to it.

I appreciate that this is just what I personally would like and that there may be very good reasons for not doing this,

Thanks!
Post 2 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
I think this use case would require an enhancement. We're thinking of different ways to address it...
Post 3 IP   flag post
tinypocket private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there, I had the same question about showing the latest value as 'current' - is there a way to do this now?

Thanks!
Nick
Post 4 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
@tinypocket

Do you have a "Data Point Cycle" selected on the General tab? Not selecting one should get you what you want if you're graphing a Regular stream without any cycles selected on the Data tab.
Post 5 IP   flag post
RobR private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is the same, or similar, to what I'm trying to do. I have a sensor that reports True/False. When it reports true, I want it to continue showing true on the chart until it has a false setting. Any way to do this? I have "connect gaps" as true in the Settings > Data > Stream properties, but no luck.
Post 6 IP   flag post
RobR private msg quote post Address this user
Alright, the good news is if I change to "Line" and use connect gaps, it works. I was hoping for bar to have it in the background of the other bars on the report, but this will do for now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
2969 7 7