GroveStreams
Avocadodude private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking to try GroveStreams for a project I'm working on. If I read the API correctly the only way to update a stream is with a PUT. Is there a way to update a stream with a GET? The gateway I currently use is a XIG and only supports GET. Just seeing if I have missed something.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
It has to be a PUT or POST today, but you're not the first to ask about this. We could add that functionality - we just have to make sure it fits with our current api key security strategy.

If we did add it, it would only work with our "No Body - all on the URL" call. Is that the call you would use?
Post 2 IP   flag post
All on the URL is fine. Something like this: http://api.grovestream.com/update?key=abcdefghi&field1=28&field2=112rn
If that makes sense.
Post 3 IP   flag post
We're testing our solution for this. It will be exactly like our
No Body - all on the URL feed PUT call except you make it a GET call and add the asPut parameter.

Example:
http://grovestreams.com:80/api/feed?time=1380114721384&compId=comp1&temp=3&wind=4&winddir=sw&api_key=0ccc2159-2697-3dcd-a211-588e9ccbed71&asPut

We'll let you know when it's available on the production site.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The production site supports this now. Make sure you tell the XIG forum how to upload to GS after you get it working
Post 5 IP   flag post
This works perfectly. Sorry it took so long for me to test. Thank you for the incredibly fast implementation. I will definitely post on XIG.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm getting a 204 response now. Has anything changed?
Post 7 IP   flag post
You should have been getting 204 all along. 204 indicates that a GET was made but no HTTP body was returned which is what you are doing. This is usually odd in the HTTP world.

204 doesn't indicate an error occurred. It's more like a warning.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks for the education. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but the stream is updating again. I appreciate the help.
Post 9 IP   flag post
2965 9 9