GroveStreams

Need help with the setup to stream data393

Ex33 private msg quote post Address this user
Okay so im just gonna try make this nice and short.

So im new here not sure if im doing things correctly, but I tired to stream data by using the code found in the Arduino Quick Start guide and what i got in the serial monitor is in the picture in this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5__H_OGsN1ajZJaTRQNE5FVDQ

The code i used is as followed
#include <SPI.h>
#include <Ethernet.h>

// Local Network Settings
byte mac[] = {
  0x90, 0xA2, 0xDA, 0x0E, 0x60, 0xA3 };  // Change this!!! Must be unique on local network.
                                         // Look for a sticker on the back of your Ethernet shield.

// GroveStreams Settings
char gsApiKey[] = "MY_API_KEY";   //Change This!!!
char gsComponentName[] = "Pressure";        //Optionally change. Set this to give your component a name when it initially registers.

char gsDomain[] = "grovestreams.com";   //Don't change. The GroveStreams domain.
char gsComponentTemplateId[] = "Pressure Readings";  //Don't change. Tells GS what template to use when the feed initially arrives and a new component needs to be created.

//GroveStreams Stream IDs. Stream IDs tell GroveStreams which component streams the values will be assigned to.
//Don't change these unless you edit your GroveStreams component definition and change the stream IDs to match these.
char gsStreamId1[] = "Pre1";   
char gsStreamId2[] = "Pre2";  
char gsStreamId3[] = "Pre3";  

// Other Settings
const unsigned long updateFrequency = 60000UL;    // Update frequency in milliseconds (20000 = 20 seconds). Change this to change your sample frequency.

char samples[35];                      // Change this buffer size only if you increase or decrease the size of samples being uploaded.

char myIPAddress[20];  //Don't Change. Set below from DHCP. Needed by GroveStreams to verify that a device is not uploading more than once every 10s.
char myMac[20];        //Don't Change. Set below from the above mac variable. The readable Mac is used by GS to determine which component the
                       // feeds are uploading into. It must match an existing GroveStreams component's ID

unsigned long lastSuccessfulUploadTime = 0; //Don't change. Used to determine if samples need to be uploaded.
int failedCounter = 0;                      //Don't change. Used for Internet Connection Reset logic

// Initialize Arduino Ethernet Client
EthernetClient client;

void setup()
{
  // Start Serial for debugging on the Serial Monitor
  Serial.begin(9600);

// Start Ethernet on Arduino
  startEthernet();
}

void loop()
{

// Update sensor data to GroveStreams
  if(millis() - lastSuccessfulUploadTime > updateFrequency)
  {
    updateGroveStreams();
  }

}

void updateGroveStreams() 
{
  //Assemble the url that is used to pass the temperature readings to GroveStreams and call it
  unsigned long connectAttemptTime = millis();

if (client.connect(gsDomain, 80))
  {        

//You may need to increase the size of urlBuf if any other char array sizes have increased
    char urlBuf[200]; //Original is 175

sprintf(urlBuf, "PUT /api/feed?compTmplId=%s&compId=%s&compName=%s&api_key=%s%s HTTP/1.1",
           gsComponentTemplateId, myMac, gsComponentName, gsApiKey, getSamples());

//Uncomment the next three lines for debugging purposes
    Serial.println(urlBuf);    // Make into comment if casues problem------------------------------------------------------
    Serial.print(F("urlBuf length = "));
    Serial.println(strlen(urlBuf));

client.println(urlBuf);  //Send the url with temp readings in one println(..) to decrease the chance of dropped packets
    client.print(F("Host: "));
    client.println();
    client.println(F("Connection: close"));
    client.print(F("X-Forwarded-For: "));     //Include this line and the next line if you have more than one device uploading behind
    client.println(myIPAddress);              // your outward facing router (avoids the GS 10 second upload rule)
    client.println(F("Content-Type: application/json"));

client.println();

if (client.connected())
    {

//Begin Report Response
      while(!client.available())
      {
        delay(1);
      }

while(client.available())
      {
        char c = client.read();
        Serial.print(c);
      }
      //End Report Response

//Client is now disconnected; stop it to cleannup.
      client.stop();

lastSuccessfulUploadTime = connectAttemptTime;
      failedCounter = 0;
    }
    else
    {
      handleConnectionFailure();
    }

}
  else
  {
     handleConnectionFailure();
  }

}

void handleConnectionFailure() {  // wat is this dont touch
  //Connection failed. Increase failed counter
  failedCounter++;

Serial.print(F("Connection to GroveStreams Failed "));
  Serial.print(failedCounter);  
  Serial.println(F(" times"));
  delay(1000);

// Check if Arduino Ethernet needs to be restarted
  if (failedCounter > 3 )
  {
    //Too many failures. Restart Ethernet.
    startEthernet();
  }

}

void startEthernet()//dont touch this also----------------------------------------------
{
  //Start or restart the Ethernet connection.
  client.stop();

Serial.println(F("Connecting Arduino to network..."));
  Serial.println();  

//Wait for the connection to finish stopping
  delay(2000);

//Connect to the network and obtain an IP address using DHCP
  if (Ethernet.begin(mac) == 0)
  {
    Serial.println(F("DHCP Failed, reset your Arduino and try again"));
    Serial.println();
  }
  else
  {
    Serial.println(F("Arduino connected to network using DHCP"));

//Set the mac and ip variables so that they can be used during sensor uploads later
    Serial.print(F(" MAC: "));
    Serial.println(getMacReadable());
    Serial.print(F(" IP address: "));
    Serial.println(getIpReadable(Ethernet.localIP()));
    Serial.println();
  }

}

char* getMacReadable()//dont touch this--------------------------------------------------
{
  //Convert the mac address to a readable string
  sprintf(myMac, "%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x�", mac[0], mac[1], mac[2], mac[3], mac[4], mac[5]);

return myMac;
}

char* getIpReadable(IPAddress ipAddress)// dont touch this---------------------------------------------
{
  //Convert the ip address to a readable string
  unsigned char octet[4]  = {0,0,0,0};
  for (int i=0; i<4; i++)
  {
    octet[i] = ( ipAddress >> (i*8) ) & 0xFF;
  }
  sprintf(myIPAddress, "%d.%d.%d.%d�",octet[0],octet[1],octet[2],octet[3]);

return myIPAddress;
}

char* getSamples()      // This needs to be fixed-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{
  //Get the temperature analog reading and convert it to a string
  float voltage, pressure;
  int val;

val = random(0,1023);

voltage = ( val * 0.004882814);
  pressure = (voltage - 0.5) * 100.0;

char pressured[15] = {0}; //Initialize buffer to nulls
  dtostrf(pressure, 12, 3,trim( pressured)); //Convert float to string

//Assemble the samples into URL parameters which are seperated with the "&" character
  //
  // Example: &s1=25.684&s2=78.231
  sprintf(samples, "&%s=%s", gsStreamId1, trim(pressured));
 //Remove &%s=%s&%s=%s and gsStreamId2 to last trim(pressured)b
  return samples;
}

char* trim(char* input) //dont touch------------------------------------------                               
{
  //Trim leading and ending spaces
  int i,j;
  char *output=input;
  for (i = 0, j = 0; i<strlen(input); i++,j++)          
  {
    if (input[i]!=' ')                          
      output[j]=input[i];                    
    else
      j--;                                    
  }
  output[j]=0;

return output;

}

The original code can be found in the Arduino quick start for tempreature thing on the website.(i edited it for my needs)

Okay so the problem is i cant resolve this 401/error thing as seen in the picture so could someone help please?

Extra info i can think of is that Im using an arduino mega 2560 with a stacked internet shield(this has no assigned mac address). And i did change my api key to the grovestreams one(i didnt leave it as in the code i shown) but not sure if its the thing causing the problem.

Many thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
MThomas private msg quote post Address this user
That error is usually related to not being logged in or having an API Key associated to the data.

I can see from your screenshot it has the api key, but make sure you are using your organization's key (not the one from the guide) and make sure to use the PUT key. The other two default keys are read only.

Your org's key can be found by going into the organizations observation studio then at the top go to Admin->API Keys-> then choose the PUT key and show it (don't share this key).
Post 2 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
@MThomas is right to suggest those ideas, but it also appears your URL has spaces in it which are reserved characters. The space is making your URL unparsable by the server. The server cannot parse/find the api_key so it thinks it is not there.

Put a plus where there is a space and see if that helps: Pressure+Readings

Here's a free URL formatter site.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ex33 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks a lot guys! The Suggestions worked! Finally can get around with what i need to do now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
2965 4 4