GroveStreams

How to identify device in GS API Alerts416

fixingthingsguy private msg quote post Address this user
I have several devices* running using a single wifi router (IP xx.xx.xxx.xxx). I am wondering if there is
a)information in the Alert (below) that id's the device, OR
b)a way to stick in an ID that GS can use in its Alerts.
Without this information I can manually find it in GS, but with several devices operating it requires wading through a bunch of streams to find the component/device that's "ailing".
Thanks in advance for any research/suggestions
Regards

* For those interested, the devices I'm using are the NODEMCU embedded ESP8266 devices that are wifi enabled.

Resource Path:
/api/feed
Resource Method: PUT
Client Address:
xx.xx.xxx.xxx
Client Attributes:
{org.restlet.http.version=1.0, org.restlet.http.headers=[[content-length: 0]], org.restlet.startTime=1471806092225}

Exception:

Feed PUT call limit has been exceeded for address xx.xx.xxx.xxx. One call every 10 seconds is allowed.

Call Stack:
com.-gs-.-lab-.utility.Validator.throwErr(Validator.java:9)
com.-gs-.-lab-.security.RateLimits.checkLimits(RateLimits.java:70)
com.-gs-.-lab-.security.RateLimits.checkLimits(RateLimits.java:53)
com.-gs-.-lab-client.client.LabradorResource.checkLimits(LabradorResource.java:257)
com.-gs-.-lab-client.client.LabradorResource.doInit(LabradorResource.java:204)
com.-gs-.-lab-client.client.FeedResource.doInit(FeedResource.java:96)
org.restlet.resource.Resource.init(Resource.java:706)
org.restlet.resource.Finder.handle(Finder.java:243)

You are allowed one API exception notification per hour per authenticated session. This was the latest exception for this hour.

Take a look at X-Forwarded-For to avoid the 10 second limit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
fixingthingsguy private msg quote post Address this user
The API tracing would be a better way for manual tracing (than examining each and every component that I would do). However, I need to research that to see how that could be incorporated in some sort of email or text with the JSON (id) incorporated under conditions specified.
I will need to research the "X-Forwarded-For". I do have other unexpected repetitive conditions, that don't trigger the 10 second time out.
I will report back after I check both these out.
Thanks
Regards
Post 3 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
"The feed PUT rate limit algorithm is a little forgiving as it actually checks for more than 12 calls within a two minute period." - https://www.grovestreams.com/developers/limits.html
Post 4 IP   flag post
2965 4 4