GroveStreams

Organization Structure for complex vehicle monitoring544

micl78 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I have a fleet of vehicles for remote testing of devices. I have 2 vehicles today but hope to have many more in future. Each vehicle has environmental monitoring, generator function data, system battery status, location etc... Each device has multiple streams. To me this means each vehicle is an Organization. However, i want a dashboard where i can see an overview of each vehicle so the dashboard would pull from many organizations. I do not think it is right to make each vehicle a component as i believe each piece of equipment should be a component. What should i consider? Thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
An organization is a secured namespace (on purpose) so it's very difficult to have one dashboard for multiple namespaces.

If you, or your company, are the only ones viewing the data in GS, then I'd put it all in one organization. You could have a folder for each vehicle and that folder could have many components for that vehicle. A folder could be secured by user/groups and sooner or later, you'll want to use GS SQL and that does not span orgs.

If you do go with separate orgs, you could just have each vehicle upload data to it's own org and to the one system org. It's a good way to have data backed up too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
2969 2 2