GroveStreams
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
I see you're using the new dashboard sharing link!

Thanks for spreading the word. We still rely on word of mouth and forum posts mainly.

We were interviewed by a couple of Analysts this month. Their reports should come out shortly. Can't wait to see what they say. If it is good, I'll post a link to their review
Post 26 IP   flag post
JChristensen private msg quote post Address this user
Mike, I'm thinking more and more that this is a personal problem. I was seeing the issue on my desktop machine but not on my laptop machine. Today (after a reboot), it seems fine. Can't come up with a theory on what the issue was (is) since it affected both Firefox and Chrome.

I'd say stand down on it. If I get any more insight, I'll let you know. I do think I saw the bug you found once or twice so it's good that there's a fix for that.

Thanks very much!
Post 27 IP   flag post
After posting the previous message, I noticed that the chart in Firefox, only on the desktop machine, had stopped, but then it restarted by itself. So this sounds like the bug you found. (I had sent the forum reply from another tab in the same copy of Firefox, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.)

So no action required, but if you're interested in the details, here are the charts from Chrome and Firefox. I downloaded the data from the widget also, note that the points for 14:14-14:16 are missing. Once I refreshed the widget, the chart repaired itself.

One note, the times are correct, but should say EDT, i.e. the missing data points started at 14:14 EDT.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bova5fouhsht1y9/AABfiSeZY-WLrr5OiCu1kAgWa
Post 28 IP   flag post
Yeah, that's what I was seeing too (missing data points in the polling graph or no new points arriving) with the bug we fixed. Hopefully it is fixed. I'll post in this thread when the production site has the fix.
Post 29 IP   flag post
A fix for this has been posted to the production site.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Now that's good timing, I was just about to work on my demo project some. Will let you know!
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm still seeing delays, sometime many minutes. Here is one example. I noticed that sometimes one chart will stop but not another of the same type on the same dashboard. In this example, the chart on the right hasn't updated for 6 min, but the other chart is current, except that it missed a point a few minutes back (as indicated by the glitch in the chart). I've also noticed that the Last Value Grid, Gauge, and Steel Odometer always seem to update consistently.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsnhlqkyupjfjkd/obs%20studio.png
Post 32 IP   flag post
We'll take another look.

Did you do a hard F5 in your browser so that you have the latest java script?

Does the blip occur consistently - like once every 30 minutes?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Refreshed the page but didn't press F5 (is that the same thing?) ... but will try it. Not sure it's consistent time-wise, let me monitor it some more and watch specifically for that.
Post 34 IP   flag post
A Refresh should have done it too. If the problem occurs every 30 minutes then I know it is probably an issue with the session timeout and an automatic reauth.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Wait, sorry, it appears to be just the one machine again. Thought that had gone away. Let me try the laptop. Don't burn any more cycles on it for now.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Funny thing, the laptop seems fine but the charts don't update on the desktop, but the last value grid does, in both Chrome and Firefox. Watched the log for a while and it looks the same on both machines, a steady stream of GETs. Looking in the response bodies I can see the current data, but it never makes it to the charts.

This was with polling set to 5 sec, which seems a bit excessive. I backed it down to 60 sec, and that seems to be working.

Thanks again for your attention to this Mike, I'd say don't spend any more time on it.
Post 37 IP   flag post
2968 37 12