GroveStreams
bioagbob private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a stupid question, but I can't figure it out. Is there a way to display a dashboard line chart without the lines? I just want markers for the data points. This is for wind direction history data. I want to get rid of the lines because when the wind direction bounces around 0 (360) degrees, the charted line jumps up and down between 10 and 350. Markers and no line would be cleaner.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
We don't support markers only today.

I think the problem you have is the graph is automatically changing the axis minimum and maximum when new values arrive and that causes the entire line to bounce around. You could keep the line from bouncing around by setting either the Axis Min or Max or both in the line widget settings - Axis tab.
Post 2 IP   flag post
bioagbob private msg quote post Address this user
I already have fixed min/max of 0/360. The lines are from the data bouncing between 359 and 0 degrees when the wind blows from the north. A future feature of markers only would be great. Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
The "Markers only" series will appear in the next production site update. Set the series line width to zero to enable it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
This markers only enhancement has been applied - set the line width to zero on the Data tab of the widget settings window.
Post 5 IP   flag post
2965 5 5