GroveStreams
jcb private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,
the platform can send notification SMS upon an event.
But what about MMS?

Thanks for your feedback
jcb
Post 1 IP   flag post
MikeMills private msg quote post Address this user
No. You can include a link to a media file in our SMS. Is there a specific use case for you where MMS would solve it.

We're using Twilio for SMS. They also support MMS so we could expose that functionality if enough requests for it are made.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jcb private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your feedback.

I am a little bit curious about this media file you are mentioning.
Is it an image or some audio recording?

My understanding is that the formats available for files import (GS Stream format, JSON Feed Import format or the Plain Delimited Import format) were not applicable to upload media files on GroveStreams platform.

Did I miss anything ?

jcb
Post 3 IP   flag post
Correct - our streams currently do not store images or audio recordings. Although our dashboards can display those things via links to external media storage websites. Our streams do support storing URLs. Some of our customers will store the media in other cloud sites and then store the URL in our streams.

I was wondering what your use case was for MMS since we don't store images or audio today but we do store URLs.

Twilio, the service we use for SMS, also supports MMS. I think we just pass them a SMS with URLs to the media filse, and it will send the notification as MMS if we decide to support that. But, the media files would have to sit on an external site today.

We do support email notifications which can be in HTML format that can contain links to media.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GS now supports storing of files within streams. Links to those files can be included in notifications.
Post 5 IP   flag post
2965 5 5